Do you suffer from bad breath? Also known as halitosis. If so, you are not alone. More than 40 million Americans currently suffer from embarrassing bad breath. Luckily, there are several simple ways to help freshen your breath and fight back against bad breath.
Fresh Breath Tips
- The Basics: Oral hygiene 101: brushing and flossing. One of the primary causes of bad breath is plaque. And the best way to fight plaque is through good oral hygiene, which begins with brushing and flossing. You should brush at least twice a day (preferably more) and floss once a day.
- Don’t forget the Tongue: To eliminate that bad breath-causing coating on your tongue, consider scraping your tongue after you are done brushing your teeth,
- Mouth Wash: The final step of your daily oral health routine should be mouth wash. Not only will mouth wash freshen your breath, but it also attacks the bacteria responsible for bad breath.
- Chew Gum: Breath mints do nothing but mask bad breath. Gum, on the other hand, helps stimulate saliva production, the mouth’s natural defense against plaque.
- Visit your Dentist: Visiting your doctor at least twice a year is an important part of your oral health routine. During these visits, a dental hygienist will provide a variety of services, including dental cleanings (prophylaxis), deep scaling (scaling and root planing), fluoride treatment, and much more.
Affinity Dental Associates: Your Catonsville Dentists
Drs. Egert, DeRoo, Wyett, Eisenberg, Zitofsky, Sheladia, and Mutzig have over 170 years of combined experience delivering exceptional dental care to their patients. At Affinity Dental we strive to provide our patients with the personal, professional, quality dental care they need, while making it convenient, painless, and affordable. We offer morning, evening, and weekend hours to accomodate our patients and provide access to care to fit your busy schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact Affinity Dental Associates by calling 410-719-7900 or visit MarylandsBestDentists.com today!
Our doctors and staff are dedicated to improving your dental health!