Did you know that the need for braces goes behind the noticeable crooked or misaligned teeth? You may not be able to tell if your child needs braces just by looking at their teeth, which is why an orthodontic evaluation is an essential part of kids’ dental care. Every child is different and may need braces at a different time in their life, but this evaluation can help you determine the best age for your child’s specific situation. (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘orthodontics’
About four million people of all ages wear braces in the US, but we often thinking of teens as the biggest age group for orthodontics. While children and adults can benefit from braces, teens may benefit the most from orthodontics. Continue reading to learn about three major benefits of teen braces. (more…)
When you think of braces, you might think about how you see them on high school kids, and how much you don’t want them. Or maybe, you used to have braces, and your teeth have moved because you never wore your retainer (be honest!). The truth is, it’s never too late to get braces. More and more adults are signing up for the process–one million adults in America and Canada have braces. Technology has also changed, and the process is much less painful than it was when you were fourteen. The benefits of a better smile should bring you closer to the idea of braces. Read on to discover why braces might be right for you, even now.
Orthodontics have both cosmetic and medical applications, but how do you know if this a solution you need to seek? Today we’re going to be giving you some real talk on orthodontics and you can decide for yourself if this is right for you. So, are you ready to learn more about the benefits and trials of orthodontics? Let’s do this. (more…)
We’re not going to make you dig through this whole post to find out what the secret to straighter teeth is – we’re going to tell you pretty straight up: Invisalign. Why do we say that it’s the secret to straight teeth (since Invisalign is pretty common these days)? We say it’s a secret because no one will ever have to know that you’re wearing them. Adults avoid having orthodontic work done because the last thing they want to do once they’re out of high school is slap a bunch of metal in their mouths to correct crooked teeth. Having straight teeth is important for health reasons as well as for self-esteem, but metal shouldn’t be the only answer.
What are the Benefits of Insvisalign Over Traditional Orthodontics?
- They’re almost invisible. There’s no way to make them entirely invisible, but it’s difficult to see them form a couple feet away. It’s unlikely that anyone will notice that you’re wearing them, and if they do, they may assume that you’re wearing a retainer or a whitening tray since they both look about the same. Invisalign is a great solution if you’re breaking into the business world and don’t want to worry about looking younger than you really are.
- They’re more comfortable. One of the reasons that adolescents are given braces that are hardwired to their teeth is to ensure that they can’t remove them. The great thing about being an adult is that you understand the responsibility involved in straightening your own teeth. Invisalign trays are removable, meaning you don’t have to use them when you’re eating and you can take them out before a big meeting if necessary. You also don’t have to worry about being stuck in the mouth by a stray wire.
- They’re easier to take care of. It’s very easy to get food stuck between wires and brackets when you have a full mouth of metal. That food can cause cavities and decay, which can make the whole process even more uncomfortable. With Invisalign, it’s easy to clean the retainers separately and to take them out to brush or floss your teeth. It’s much easier to maintain your oral health when you can stick to the same routine that you’ve had for years.
Invisalign Braces in Catonsville
Orthodontics treatments have come a long way. They’re no longer just for teens and young adolescents. Invisalign is frequently an option for adults who want straight teeth, but who don’t want to deal with everything that comes with classic appliances. Ask your Affinity dentist about Invisalign today. If you have any questions, please contact Affinity Dental Associates by calling 410-719-7900 or visit MarylandsBestDentists.com today!
Our doctors and staff are dedicated to improving your dental health!
Everyone’s smile is a little bit different and unique; your smile is one of those characteristics that defines you. Whether your smile is a little lopsided or perfectly straight, it’s yours. The one thing that most people do want out of their smile is straight teeth. Straight, white teeth are an iconic symbol of beauty and health, but not everyone is lucky enough to be born with them. In fact, very few people have perfectly straight teeth when they first begin to grow in. That’s where the magic of orthodontics comes in to play. Adolescents and adults alike are using orthodontics to improve their smiles as well as the health of their mouth.
Why are Braces A Good Idea?
- Improve your oral health – Misaligned teeth can be painful and difficult to clean. When teeth begin to overlap, it’s difficult to get in between them to clean plaque out with floss. It can also be a pain to brush uneven teeth and make sure that your toothbrush reaches every surface of every tooth. Part of this is also a psychological thing – you’re more likely to take good care of something that you’re proud of.
- Improved self-esteem – It is true that the beauty that counts is on the inside, but we all know what it’s like to be in high school and have something that makes us stick out. It’s important to accept yourself for who you are, but if you have the ability to improve something that will boost your self-esteem, why wouldn’t you do it? There’s something to be said for feeling good in your own skin and being comfortable with setting your smile free.
- Long term benefits – Once you have your teeth properly straightened, you’ve made a good life investment (providing you wear your retainers as long as you’re supposed to). Once your teeth are straight and healthy, you’re less likely to have other oral health problems over time. That can save you a lot of money throughout the years. The treatment might seem expensive to begin with, but there are payment plans available and braces will generally pay for themselves as you get older.
Orthodontics treatments have come a long way. They’re no longer just for teens and young adolescents. Invisalign is frequently an option for adults who want straight teeth, but who don’t want to deal with everything that comes with classic appliances. Ask your Affinity dentist about Invisalign today.
Orthodontics from Affinity Dental Associates
From subtle changes to major repairs, the dentists at Affinity Dental Associates can perform a wide variety of procedures to improve your smile, from teeth whitening and bonding to veneers and crowns. These improvements are not always cosmetic. Many of these treatments can improve oral problems, such as your bite.
Our doctors and staff are dedicated to improving your dental health!